Sunday, February 15, 2009

A Valen-'tiny' Party


Payton was reading through a magazine and saw the idea for a "Valen-tiny Party" and she was sold. (What little girl doesn't like tiny things). It was so fun! (I think I might make it another tradition)

The party began with an treasure hunt that Payton had organized all on her own. The 'treasure' was, of course, a "Lil'Kinz" for everyone (our family has a Webkinz problem..... ) All the girls got Yorkies (they were the ones with the hearts on their bows, how could I resist?)

After that we made collars for our new pets. They were pretty lucky pets- bejewled with 'glam' and all!)
A few years ago Family Fun had this great article on making mini food with Scupty (polymer clay) and we thought this would be a fun activity to add. We had so much fun making these (yes I had to join in on this one, it was just too much fun to resist- my hamburger looked awesome- I may just blog it :).



While the mini sculptures baked we ate. Mini sandwiches, mini cookies (gotta love those 100 calorie packs), mini M&M's, mini marshmallows, mini chocolate chips (no one ate the mini carrots, strange.....) and mini brownie cakes that one of the moms made for us to frost. A mini sugar high! :)


Everything turned out so darling! Now that we have the idea, we can spend the next year look for stuff (unlike a frantic week before like I did this time). Thanks for finding it Payton!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well how fun! I wish we could have been invited with a teeny tiny little invitation. Fun to read about it on your blog. I've been missing out on all the Reil's activities!

Jennifer said...

What a fun idea!

Contributors