Tuesday, November 10, 2009

La Cenerentola


We had the amazing opportunity to see the San Jose Opera perform Rossini's comedic opera " La Cenerentola" (Cinderella). The kids had a wonderful time and the opera was fabulous (I had organized a group to attend). You could tell that the performers were having an equally great time. It was fun to be part of the magic.

The opera was performed in Italian with English super-titles. We were able to sit on the 3rd row which really helped to bring it to life for the kids. We had studied the opera, the characters, and the story line prior to going so the kids could sit back and enjoy the comedy.

La Cenerentola is a perfect first opera (I really wish I would have taken Kevin). It has something for everyone. Rossini had a great sense of humor.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Contributors