Thursday, May 29, 2008

From the Mouthes of Babes....


(Kevin says he isn't sure that I am ready to be this honest publicly. He may be right. I will have to see how many notches I go down in every one's opinion scale after this admission.... )

When Little Caesars came up with their $5 pizza I instituted pizza night every Friday night. Mom was off duty (well from cooking at least). Kevin would stop by Little Caesar's on the way home from work and grab us our meal. We usually would have "Family Movie Night" and we all plant ourselves on the couch, eat dinner, watch a movie and head to bed. Sounds pretty much perfect to me.

Well, then Pizza Hut came out with their competitive answer to Little Caesars $5 pizza. Pizza Mia pizza's for $5 and they would deliver. Hmmm, no longer being dependent on Kevin. We could eat whenever we were hungry (since Kevin's schedule is often a bit unpredictable with him sometimes arriving home with the pizza as late as 8:00...... ) But wait, I would still have to pick up the phone to order, the idea of that slowed me down..... nope, you can do it on the internet AND they save all of your previous orders so it is just a matter of a few clicks.... (Sounding scary yet?)

I should say that I personally LOVE pizza. (Even the cardboard stuff from Little Caesars) I really could eat it almost every night for dinner. What's not to love, cheese, toppings, you can eat it with your hands (minimal dishes) and I don't have to cook it. Sounds like a dream meal to me.

Well, apparently I have been abusing it lately. Last night, I was tired and needed to get a lot of emails sent out. (This of course would necessitate me sitting, yes on the couch, of course with my kids all around, but me sitting). You know that age old wisdom that you shouldn't sit down because then you realize how tired you really are. So I tried to negotiate having pizza with my kids. Payton wanted me to make the pizza (and truth be known I do make a mean homemade pizza) but that just sounded like too much work to me considering my other options. They begged for everything, but I really just wanted to sit, and do my work. Finally Payton said, "O.K. mom, we can have Pizza Hut tonight, if you promise to make dinner Thursday and Friday night!" Ouch.

Of course when Kevin walked in the door, the pizza had just arrived and Payton excitedly announced to her father, "Dad, mom says she will cook on Thursday AND Friday if we let her get pizza tonight." Sad. Of course Kevin has begged to tell everyone.....
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Kevy forwarded this to Len who then forwarded it to me. I love that story, and I'm so glad I can read your blog now!!! I love the Friday pizza/movie night, we just started that last week ourselves. We eat pizza bi-weekly during our run to Costco, and when Kaleb was playing sports we'd grab one from the school cafeteria afterwards-delish! I could eat pizza everyday too. However, my poor kids never see me cook. Len is much better in that department, so he mainly cooks and I mainly clean. I'm a terrible wife!

Contributors