Friday, May 30, 2008
Eyes in the Back of my head.
My dear little Alex sometimes has a hard time listening to me. Whether by choice (or by distraction) so I have gotten into the habit of having him look at me when I am giving him instructions. He wanted something from me while I busy on the computer (I know it sounds like I am on the computer a lot, but in reality, it isn't as much as it appears- It is just that my kids some how seem to desperately need me at that exact moment- yes life or death of course- as soon as I am the least bit 'otherwise occupied'). Alex walked up to me and took my face in his hands, made me look 'into his eyes' and asked, "Mom, can I go on the computer?"
I thought I would take this opportunity to let him know that I did not have the same requirement to be looking directly at someone to process what they were saying. "Alex," I started, "Moms can do more than one thing at a time. I don't have to be looking at you inorder to hear what you are saying to me. In fact, some people say moms have eyes in the back of their head." Without saying another word, Alex walked around to the 'back of my head' and asked, "Mom, can I go on the computer? ". O.K. so he may be a little concrete.
The ice cream picture is totally unrelated to the story (unless to establish character.... he is using the garbage can as a table... and yes, he is hiding in the hall. That was the last 'bucket' of icecream I bought).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
He is so cute. I use the "look into my eyes" with my kids too, or they really don't hear me. I think it's cute that kids need to hear with their ears & eyes =).
Post a Comment