Saturday, November 1, 2008

Social Studies Fair


Payton and Madison participated in a Social Studies fair today. As you can see, we are beginning Ancient Egypt.

The girls had a lot of fun getting their display ready. You can see their Egyptian friezes, canopic jars, masks, and sarcophagus here. (They did ask if next year they could each do their own display instead of sharing. It will be fun to see their own personalities come out in it)




The girls are showing people their display (and telling the exciting details of just what were put in those canopic jars....... lungs and stomach in the two they painted)















Everyone was given a participation ribbon and a certificate. We were so proud of our girls!!















(Madison barely stopping by to get her certificate) :)




(Now as a side story: The girls and I left early and went and set up. Ashton was asleep and I didn't think Alex wanted to hang out at a Social Studies Fair for two hours so I was going to have Kevin bring them a bit later. Being the day after Halloween and a SS Fair, Ashton was still in her pj's. I thought about setting clothes out for her, but then I thought it might be fun to see what he brought her in. I wasn't disappointed. Are you ready..... he dressed her in the outfit she came home from the hospital in as a newborn! Yes, it was still hanging in her closet- but are you kidding me? The dress didn't even cover her diaper!!! I also need to mention that he did put on her little bloomers, just over the onesie. It was soooooo funny.)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I wish we were neighbors, so I could school my kids with you- you are amazing! I love the story of Ashton's outfit- our men are so funny!

Contributors