Alex informed me that he needed his hair cut. Monday morning I called our regular hair cut place, Cubby Cuts, and they were closed. (I had a roommate for several years who was a hairdresser. I should have remembered). I tried to convince him to go to a different salon. After all, he told me it was hanging in his eyes! (I was also hoping to find a place close to our new house) He told me he wanted to wait for Cubby Cuts and he could just 'push the hair out of [his] eyes'. I figured it was pretty important to him.
Once we got to Cubby Cuts on Tuesday morning I remembered why he loved going there so much. He could sit in a race car and play video games while they cut his hair! Sweet deal for a 6 year old boy. I think he barely noticed those lovely curls falling to the ground! I do have to say that I often get bored sitting staring at myself when I get my hair done. Maybe I can go to Cubby Cuts and have the put in "Pride and Prejudice" or another 'chick flick' to make me happy. I also think a lollipop at the end would be nice. (I suppose in order for this to happen, more of us need to throw tantrums and/or cry at the prospect of going to the hairdresser but in reality, we are so happy to have someone pampering us, it isn't going to happen.)
Ashton had a great time 'talking on the phone'. If her hair 'grows' (I use the term loosely) like her sisters', she won't need a hair cut for a few years.
After the all important haircut, we headed over to McDonalds. I pulled into the parking lot and Alex exclaimed, "You mean we get to go in!" Pretty sad that I have become that much of a drive thru mom- that my kids are excited to go into McDonalds. We 'enjoyed' lunch and played on the PlayPlace until dad could get back to our side of town.
A lot of bowling places offered free bowling for kids during the summer. I signed our kids up. Alex LOVES to bowl so we thought we would add it to the day!. He was in heaven. I love how he gets down on the floor to watch the ball. This is a serious sport. He was a little sad. He told me he wanted to win. Me too bud, me too! :)
Ashton insisted on bowling 'with' us- which meant we carried her each time we bowled the ball. We will go this as being my excuse for coming in last.......
That night there was a Perseid (meteor) shower. Kevin made sure we had every opportunity to partake in the celestial event. We actually ended up trying 3 different locations to view it, but didn't have any luck. (We even drove up Mt. Hamilton..... ) The glow from the city was just too bright. On the plus side I had bought a great foam plane at the Dollar Store and Alex had a fabulous time flying it as we viewed the sky. It was a great way to end a fun day!





No comments:
Post a Comment