
I love doing History projects with my kids. I found these great 'excavation kits' and purchased several of them to compliment our History Program. (I remember reading a Nancy Drew book and deciding that I wanted to be an archeologist.) The kids all work together on our Mayan Temple excavation. Even Alex got into it. He said it was 'just like Indiana Jones'. :)

Once they had completed the excavation, they were supposed to 'restore' it. I love how my girls' personalities come out in almost everything they do. Payton of course created a city in its Glory (dare I say El Dorado.... ). Madison went for the more realistic take. (Both had blood down the temple stairs.... I might have omitted that if I had done one.... but I guess you can't change History). The girls worked so hard and did a beautiful job.

For lunch I made kid food. Tatertots and chicken fingers. I set the food on the table and Alex was excited and called me over. "Mom, I made the Mayan City. See, it just needs to be discovered.... ". How he makes me laugh. As I looked I could see the resemblance. Great 'generalizing of knowledge' bud. At least he got the concept!



1 comment:
I miss having you in my life.
Post a Comment