I was feeling a little guilty that I didn't have this 'grand' day planned for Payton's birthday day. I remembered our free bowling coupons so I emailed (in the olden days I would have said I called, but truth is, I call very few people anymore. Email is my preferred method of communication. We very often miss the phone when it rings. Kevin has it set up so our phone messages go to email. That way I actually get them. Phones aren't my favorite thing. I think part of it is the fact that there is so much going on. When you are typing you can stop and start and your thought remains the same on the screen- regardless if a whole roll of toilet paper was put into the toilet and you had to stop and deal with that. I also think that subconsciously kids see phones as competition, I get asked more questions by my kids when the phone rings..... and of course the obvious, mom is not completely paying attention so let's see what is our there for me to do....)Our wonderful friends were able to meet us at the bowling alley for an afternoon of fun.
Here is my 9 year old 'tweener' as she likes to be called. I can't believe how fast she is growing up. I know that is so cliche but it really seems just a month a go she was Ashton's size. Now she is without a doubt, on her way to become a beautiful young woman.


We are so lucky to have such great friends. The girls even brought special little gifts and cards that they had made for Payton. It really made the day special
Thanks for being willing to be spontaneous (and drop everything)
to hang out with us. We do feel really lucky to have you in our lives.


No comments:
Post a Comment