Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Nickelback Pt 1



Kevin grew up with the guys in the band Nickelback. Whenever they come to town he goes and chats with Mike Kroeger, his friend. This time they came to town we decided to let them meet the kids :) What is weird is that Madison and Payton's friends (and cousins) know who Nickelback is. I barely do, and that is because Kevin has me listen to their new songs and/or watch their when they come out videos. We'll just say that it isn't 'kid' music necessarily. Most of the time when I am driving or have the CD player on we are listening to a book, our times tables on CD or by severe default (or on our way to YW's) we end up on Radio Disney. :) It is just hard for me to waste any time when I have the kids literally 'captive' (aren't seat belts great). (Don't you wish I was your mom)

Alex was so proud of his VIP ticket. He kept trying to show it to everyone.




We headed over to Shoreline Ampitheatre just in time to see Pyro test check. It was kinda a weird to see the MVFP there inspecting (usually I am getting yellow slips of paper from inspections of my building, you need to label this, change this....) I guess they don't just terrorize the common people.





My favorite quote of the day was from Alex: "This is like Guitar Hero in real life!" Oh if life could only be a Wii game.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I feel so jipped that we're the only Reil brother family that hasn't seen Nickelback in concert. Len saw them at the mall when we lived in Ottawa before and got an autographed CD for me. Another time Mike called to talk to Len, but he was at work so I got to say hi. I would love to see them in concert once just because Len knows them (and I'm a little bit of a groupie- tee hee!)

M Reil said...

you forgot that the things "fire guitar hero in real life"

Contributors