Ever since I was little, my mom would make a Christmas Calender full of traditions and activities that we would do during the month of December. This year the theme of our ward Christmas Party was 'traditions'. The Activities Committee Chair said that Madison had shared some really fun ones with her and called her up to the microphone to share them with everyone. Because it was completely spur of the moment I had no idea what she was going to say.
The first one that she told about was our picnic under the Christmas Tree. We love our Christmas tree and have actually been reading a lot about the origins of the Christmas Tree and the accompanying decorations. It has helped to give us a new appreciation of that symbol of Christmas. Being able to sit and eat dinner as a family at the bottom of it is so much fun. (You can tell that Ashton
The second tradition that Madison shared from the 'mic' was our family campout under the Christmas Tree. I was going to just tell you about this one but as I saw my pictures uploading from the camera, I found this one. As it turns out, when Kevin decided to spend the last few hours in our nice soft bed, he decided to snap a quick picture of the rest of us sprawled out on the floor. It cracked me up! We all look pretty tired. (See if you can find Alex
I love this tradition. It is rare that all 6 of us fall asleep together. It is so peaceful to hear the little ones breathing deepen as they drift off to sleep. In the morning everyone just wants to snuggle and stay in bed. Ashton makes her rounds cuddling all of us (or just stealing our heat, I'm not quite sure). Having no commitments or deadlines we just ease into the morning.
I also have to say that I didn't realize how rotten our air mattress is. When Kevin left, the little bit of air that was in the bed promptly went over to his empty side, putting me directly on the floor. Of course, I was too exhausted to realize it until the morning but in the morning, I was well aware of the fact that we have tile on our floor. Sorry to everyone who we have had sleep on that mattress. No, I am really sorry. We will get a new one before our next batch of house guests come.


No comments:
Post a Comment