Tuesday, December 1, 2009

More Childhood Trauma :)


The kids were excited to decorate the Christmas tree. They wanted to put all of the decorations on. It made me laugh. I remember carefully hand picking Victorian tree ornaments, color coordinating everything. The kids told me stories about moms who wouldn't let their kids put whatever they wanted on their tree..... (I felt guilty and tried to defend those moms- and tried to set the stage for the day that I can specialize my tree without seeming selfish and uncaring- we would have 2 trees one for them, and one for me......)

Ashton didn't seem all that interested in putting the ornaments on the tree so we saved the tree topper for her. (Here comes the trauma). The tree topper that the kids chose was a little large for the tip. Once she put it on it fell over, and the porcelain head of the angel hit her right between the eyes. (I wish we the video camera on).















We switched out the angel for a smaller one. Well, Ashton is no fool. There was no way she was going to be attacked by a tree angel twice in one day.
She wouldn't even look at the angel. (Look at the fear in her eyes). Kevin ended up putting the angel on.


















The finished product. (That is one full tree!) As usual, my kids don't do things halfway! :) Christmas season is officially here!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Contributors