Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Sept 17th a day that will go down in History.....
Well, in addition to Sept 17th being Aunty Deanna and Grandma Reil's birthday, it also Ashtons as well. Her gift was a 6 hour ride in the back of the van coming home from L.A. (Isn't it great to be a 4th). It was so weird buckling her in and out and knowing that she was officially one. So sad for me. I love my kids at every stage, just sad to think that I won't have another baby.
Sept 17th also finally brought Kevin's swearing in for his American citizenship. It has been quite the roller coaster ride, with my favorite being a request from the INS for new fingerprints in December because his had expired. Expired? Isn't that why they use finger prints because they don't expire? And far be it from me to point out the elephant in the room but if they hadn't sat on his application for these several years, maybe they wouldn't have expired...... (no I don't have any issues with the INS! What would make you think that?)
We celebrated our new US dad with a flag cake decorated by Alex and Payton. Now we are all US citizens, so I guess it is time to move back to Canada and try and get everyone Canadian citizenship. I guess I am feeling a little worried not needing to have interaction with the Dept of Homeland Security for a while. Where will I reroute that stress?!
Congrats Kevin!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment