Friday, February 19, 2010

American Girl Club


A good friend of mine has been doing an American Girl club this year. Last semester they did the Molly series and this semester they are doing Kirsten. The Kirsten books are about a Swedish family's immigration to America. It is one of my favorite AG series.

For one of their meetings they were supposed to dress up like a pioneer. I was shocked at how well Payton's outfit came together. The girls had bought the bonnets at Civil War Days and that was pretty much all I thought we were going to get. (Guess my creativity was a little stifled... or just tired) Madison ran and got one of my aprons, gave Payton a white shirt and got the boots out. I was impressed with the finished outfit.

Payton has often said that she wishes she could have been born during the pioneer time. For one afternoon she got to pretend she was. (Look at the smile on her face).

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

M Reil said...

I helped =P I do have to say though.. she looks REALLY GOOD... to bad she's way to young for treck

Anonymous said...

I love it! You look amazing Payton! I feel so motivated after reading all of these cool things your family is doing!

Contributors