Saturday, February 20, 2010

Skating at the Winter Lodge


Madison's Cadette troop held a Family Skate Fundraiser at the Winter Lodge. It is an outdoor skating rink in Palo Alto. Payton and I signed up to 'hit the ice'. It actually worked out quite nicely because the girls had a birthday party there right before so we got to spend 5 hours on the rink.

The Cadettes wore colorful hats to let everyone know that 'they were in charge'. I think Madison looks quite 'authoritative'. :)

I do have to say that it was humorous to see a bunch of Californians to attempt to ice skate. I, of course, loved skating with my girls.




















Hopefully we will be able work on our skating technique again soon (mind you at $16 per person we may need to wait for a bit!)
























The funniest thing I saw that evening was the snow maker. Yes, they had a snow machine to blow artificial snow on the ice (not to be confused with a Zamboni that smooths the ice). Oh I laughed hard. I guess if ski hills can do it, so can skating rinks. Here's to California and it's ability to create everything it feels it needs (or just wants). :)



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Contributors