Sunday, April 5, 2009
Spinc'in Up the Laundry
I really wonder who the 'test groups' are for appliances. I am not even expecting realistic foresight from the engineers and designers, but you'd think by the time it gets to the people who are supposed to come up with the 'practicality' issues, things like "toddlers" and "buttons in the front" would get brought up. I can't tell you how many times Ashton has started both the washer and dryer. Just a couple of 'taps' and she can feel the sense of accomplishment of starting a load of laundry all by herself..... except lately it hasn't always been laundry. For the longest time it was just an empty machine, or maybe a few rags that I had thrown in to begin a load.
A couple of days ago, I walked past the hallway and I heard the washer on. I went to cancel it and to my surprise, I heard several loud clunks. I opened the washer and Ashton had loaded it with spices from my spice drawer. Sigh. The biggest damage was a few labels that I needed to fish out (my next baking endeavor will be a fun game of 'guess that spice'). My mom's question was, "Well who was watching her?" I need to come up with a clever response for every time Ashton gets into some mischief. Who was watching her.... my nanny? Yeah, let's go with that. How can it possibly be true that this little busy body is so busy that she can be several steps (maybe yards... ) ahead of me- all the time? My 'nanny' must not be doing her job (it couldn't possibly be a short coming of mine.....). Well, now while I look for a new imaginary nanny .... I can blame Ashton's mischief on ..... her? Are we sure it just isn't her fault?
Like the picture above. All I was doing was moving the wet clothes into the dryer and all of the sudden... *poof* she was in the dryer. I was right there. She crawled under the dryer door, beside the laundry basket and in the dryer within seconds. I kid you not when I say she has super human abilities. There, that is my excuse. I am human (and I am really sure she is not!!!) Maybe some day she will be able to spin straw into gold or wash spices into hundred dollar bills. Well, until that day happens I will continue chase her around marvel of all that she is capable of (even if it mostly involves me cleaning up something). You really never cease to amaze me Ashton!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Ah ha! I love it Delyna! I can't believe you have another one that keeps you on your toes like that! You would think that for #4 you would finally get the average child who actually likes to sit and play blocks on the rug. I liked reading that post. Thanks.
I swear some children are just like Houdini---they can get in or out of anything in lightning speed. Its ridiculous. :)
She can help with my laundry if she can wash spices into $100s- tee hee. So cute!
Post a Comment