After the parade, the girls and I went with our friends to the carnival (Kevin had to leave during the parade to finish up with the carpet guys at the house). The girls were each given a budget and they needed to purchase their food and their carnival tickets out of it. I was really proud of them and how they evaluated 'priorities'.Madison and her friend did a few of the activities and then decided that they would rather go to the nearby library and read than do the 'lame' activities. They each had a $10 punch card left so they went back to see if they could sell it back. Of course the people in the booth said they weren't allowed to. We looked over the card and there wasn't any written policy that said they were non refundable so we asked for the supervisor. Madison's friend pointed out that there wasn't a written policy. The supervisor agreed and gave them their money back. I was proud of them.
I took the older girls to the library (which was much more fun for me than waiting in line at a carnival). Payton and her friend had a great time doing their activities too. The weather was perfect!(BTW these pictures were taken with my phone so I apologize for their quality)


No comments:
Post a Comment