Saturday, May 2, 2009

Art Show


The kids art was displayed down in Morgan Hill (where their Art teacher lives). All the art was framed and there was a special reception for friends and family.

Madison had a Girl Scout event (it was actually really cool. They went aboard the Historic Alma ship in San Francisco and learned how to sail it. They also were able to see a lot of marine life as well! She was in heaven) and didn't get back in time. Because we were waiting for her we needed to split up.

I framed the artwork, so I thought it would be fun for Kevin to go and look at it with Payton. Alex of course said that he wasn't interested in going. His reasoning: "I drew the picture. I already know what it looks like. I don't need to see it hanging on a wall." I hope I can get a bit more sentimentality into him before he gets married. :)

I let the children choose which pictures they wanted to frame. Payton did a relaxing beach scene. She pays so much attention to colors. It is fascinating. Madison chose a fall scene of pumpkins. It brings back so many memories of all the pumpkin patches we have visited since we have been here. She is most definitely our detail oriented girl.

Alex "chose" his lady bug. (Well sort of. I liked that one and wanted to do it. I asked his permission and he said, "Which ever one you want.") I wish you could see a better close up of the details he put in the legs of his lady bug. It fascinates me how kids express themselves through art.

I am so proud of them. Way to go guys!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

suzi said...

Nice work. Alex's lady bug is very impressive. They are all beautiful pictures

Anonymous said...

I am way impressed! What beautiful art work! I need to use frames more--it really honors their pieces. Love it.

Contributors