Monday, May 11, 2009

When the Cat's Away


Mother's Day morning Madison and Ashton woke up with both of their eyes swollen and red. (It looks like they are joining the family ranks with allergies.) Because neither of them were a 100%, we decided that they would go to Sacrament Meeting and then Kevin would bring them home.

Now, of course a mom would make them do 'appropriate' things for being sick and missing church on Sunday. A dad, a dad would just let them be kids (and maybe sneak in a nap).

When I got home Madison was so excited to share with me the special time she had with Ashton. They made an icecream Sunday in the bucket of icecream and stuck in two spoons. Sigh

She also did the ultra 'kind' thing and even gave Ashton some whip cream from the container.


Being Mother's Day and the fact that I wasn't going to clean up the mess (well, at least not until tomorrow) I was happy for them. It does kinda make me laugh though. I was so careful about what Madison and Payton ate. I don't think either them had sugar until their "First birthday" cake. Ashton, well Asthon refuses to be left out. There have been more than enough major holidays to expose her to the wonders of candy. Ashton, is just one of the kids. She is the baby who thinks she is 11.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Kevin said...

I had some of the sundae. It was sooo goood.

Jennifer said...

Cute story. I'm trying to let my kids be "kids" more and not worry about all the messes (I clean up), but it's so hard! The school room floors look fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Oh--what a sweet story!

Contributors