Saturday, October 24, 2009
Apple
One of the many amazing this about living in Silicon Valley is that all the big computer companies have a huge presence here. Google, eBay, Yahoo, PayPal, HP, Facebook, Twitter ... I can keep going and going. (We even know where the Netflix headquarters are). They occasionally offer programs for Middle School girls. Madison went to this one:
Make Your Own Ipod.
Learn what goes into designing a new product by creating your own iPod. Pink, purple or blue, it’s all up to you! With the help of Apple engineers you’ll also get to use real software tools to design and build your own web browser.
They were organized into teams and given matching T-shirts. Madison had a great time and learned a lot. (She texted her browser to her dad during the class, she was so proud).
She had a great day. I enjoyed dropping her off and getting to see a bit of the Apple Campus. I think it is wonderful that they are working so hard to motivate middle school girls in the tech industry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment