Saturday, October 3, 2009

A Hard Month

 


September has been an incredibly hard month. I am still working for the same company covering properties when the manager goes on vacation or needs time off. I had found a way to make it functional with our life. I ended up covering for a manager who has an insane number of properties, with an insane about of 'stuff' going on with them. I usually go in at 5 am and work until 7:30 - 8 and then get back as the kids are waking up and getting ready to start school. (Kevin leaves for work.... well, we'll just say later.... so he's home). I field a few phone calls during the day, show a few apts and while slightly incovient, definately manageable.

On the first day of covering these properties (she had 11) I got over a 100 phone calls. I was snowballed. It was crazy. I feel like everything suffered. I won't be asked to do an assignement like this again (this amazing woman is a workaholic- and I can see why..- but she rarely takes time off) but it has made me rethink everything, again. I guess that is necessary so we don't stagnate, always re-evaluating ourselves.

To add to the chaos, my computer was having some problems so I needed a new hard drive- and then needed to wait for all of my pictures to be put back on. There were a lot of fun things that we did this month and it will be theraputic to write about it all. I finish my current assignment (only 4 buildings so its nothing) on Sunday night and then I have 2 weeks off. We can regroup (and get some meals in the freezer- I used my last one on Monday :( Roman Chicken.....yum)

I need to warn Alex and Ashton that the life of white powdered doughnuts for breakfast and learning 'questionable' tricks from the sisters is over. (Yesterday Alex called me to see if he could have Oreo Cookies for breakfast...... the fact that he considered it an option makes me smile.) :)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how you are constantly evaluating and re-assessing your life. It was a hard month, but one of my favorite things about you is how you never lose focus on what is most important to you. It was only a hard month because it got in the way of what matters most to you.

Jennifer said...

I hope October is better! I still don't feel "settled" yet, but we're getting there, how about you?

Contributors