
Payton wanted to be Pollyanna for Halloween. She worked hard to gather all the pieces for her costume (making sure to raid my mom's costume box before she left Canada). The last thing to complete her costume was to 'dye' her hair blond. We had purchased one can for another party a couple of weeks ago. Payton was a little disappointed because her hair was more gold than blond (one of her friends even said it was auburn- gasp!) We went back to the store and tried for a lighter color for the next party.

Luckily we allowed for some extra time to get ready. I started spraying it on and it was green. The splatters on my hand were yellow but as soon as it hit her hair it was green. I kept thinking that if I kept spraying it would begin to get yellow...... no such luck.
I tried to talk her into being Anne of Green Gables but in her true Pollyanna attitude said, "It's O.K. mom we can wash it out and start over. I can just use the other color".
We went back to the other color. Her hair is lighter that normals and that counts. She used a picnic basket for her trick or treat bag. She looked beautiful.
No comments:
Post a Comment