Tuesday, July 7, 2009
A Wee Bit of Guilt
As we were crossing through the US/Canada border Payton had a bout of car sickness. Having an incredibly thrifty (and often nauseated) mother who taught me to take the 'barf' bags from the air planes, we were well stocked for just such an occasion. We arrived in Cranbook, B.C. late at night and as we were unloading sleepy children, I set the 'bag' down by the van so it wouldn't spill. The baby woke up a bit when we put her in bed, so I stayed in the room while Kevin finished unloading the van (and just for the record it wasn't that much- I had 'a hotel bag' for each night containing pjs, a change of clothes and a swimsuit for each member of the family and then a separate toiletries bag. He just had to bring those in.... and our 3 lap tops :). ) We were all exhausted so we all fell asleep right away.
In the morning Kevin pulled the van closer to our door so we could load. As we were pulling out I realized that I had left the 'bag' sitting by the pool from the night before. As someone who recently had the job of making sure properties were free of trash.... I feel really bad- but obviously not bad enough to drive back into the parking lot and take care of it at the time...... sorry Cranbrook. (Also another lesson- if you see any bags with airplane logos by the side of the road... just leave them and DO NOT open them... they are there for a reason.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(129)
-
▼
July
(17)
- Capitola Beach, CA
- Well, Can We Mom?
- Don't Worry Nana
- Sunnybrook Farm
- Swimming at Wilderness Village, Rocky Mountain Hou...
- The Party
- The Family
- Let the Work Begin....
- Mini Golfing in Rocky Mountain House, Alberta
- Banff/Jasper
- A Wee Bit of Guilt
- Fish Hatchery
- Eugene with the kids
- Kevin's Eugene
- On Our Way
- Happy Birthday Madison Marie
- Happy Birthday America
-
▼
July
(17)


2 comments:
You posted this?
After the week I've had.... I was just happy to see the picture with 'it' contained in a neat little bag.
Post a Comment