Friday, July 31, 2009
Capitola Beach, CA
In my new experiment with 'taking time to enjoy life', I was confronted with another situation that I actually had to sit down and think about. We were invited to go to the beach with some friends that we knew from 'grad' school way back in Utah. Now I really should have stayed home and worked on unpacking, reviewing next year's new curriculum, scrubbing the floors for guests come over the next day and... I had many reasons why not to go- even if they weren't the scheduled meetings or appointments that I have been temporarily freed of. There were still things that needed to be done but there will always be things that need to be done. As I looked at my reasons to go, I saw at my two little darlings and remembered our great friends. Enough said.
They invited us to go to Capitola Beach, near Santa Cruz. I had never been to that beach before but let me tell you how beautiful it was. The hotels, the houses were all perfect. In addition to its charm were also all the great features. (I plan on taking everyone who visits us here- so be prepared!) We were able to park 1 block away from the beach (right beside the newly redone bathrooms). The beach itself was a very short walk to get to (which was really nice because I was going at it solo- even with out Payton and Madison who stayed in Canada for a few extra weeks). The sand to water distance was reasonable too, so we could still sit and be a close distance from the older kids.
The beach itself is picturesque. It almost looks like a post card. You look out on the water and see sailboats, pelicans, clouds, seals, a wharf! There are also little shops nearby with ice cream and pizza. (Yum!!) (Even a 'Pizza My Heart' which I had for the first time!) It was such a wonderful day and to think I almost passed it up because of what I 'should' have been doing. It brings to mind a poem that my mom cross-stitched for me when Madison was born:
"Cleaning and scrubbing can wait 'till tomorrow
For babies grow up, so we've learned to our sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs, dust go to sleep.
I'm [taking my babies to the beach] and babies don't keep"
:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(129)
-
▼
July
(17)
- Capitola Beach, CA
- Well, Can We Mom?
- Don't Worry Nana
- Sunnybrook Farm
- Swimming at Wilderness Village, Rocky Mountain Hou...
- The Party
- The Family
- Let the Work Begin....
- Mini Golfing in Rocky Mountain House, Alberta
- Banff/Jasper
- A Wee Bit of Guilt
- Fish Hatchery
- Eugene with the kids
- Kevin's Eugene
- On Our Way
- Happy Birthday Madison Marie
- Happy Birthday America
-
▼
July
(17)





1 comment:
I'm glad you could go with the kiddos. I don't know how we've missed that beautiful beach! I'll have to put it on a list of things to see when we visit CA.
Post a Comment