Saturday, March 6, 2010

Beethoven's Wig

Several years ago, my good friend Carrie told me about a new CD that she had read about in her Family Fun magazine. It was called Beethoven's Wig and they had taken classical songs and put them to fun lyrics. It was an ingenious way for kids to remember classical pieces. " Franz Liszt the famous pianist", "A Little Night Music", and "For Elise" quickly became favorites. Well, they are now on Volume 4 and we love them all just as if they were on their first! (How can you not with lyrics like "Please keep your bull outside the china shop!")

When I heard they were coming to 'town' (well, Pleasanton which is 1/2 an hour or so away) I knew we had to go. Alex wasn't excited about giving up part of his Saturday to go listen to 'some people sing' but he did it for his Mom and her birthday. (See his 'fake' smile here). The concert was a lot of fun and the singers did a great job at making it interactive.



Here are all of the singers signing autographs. (My kids were first in line!)

All the singers were in tux's or 'ball gowns' aka operatic gear. They were a good balance of keeping the music serious and still having fun!



Here the kids are with the 'lead' singer. The girls said that he looked pretty much like how they thought he would look. I don't know how we 'knew' but he really did look as I expected him to as well.

(BTW Alex did come around and he was doing the 'Can Can' in the aisle by the end).

It was a fun way to start off my birthday weekend celebration!!!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Amy said...

I'm sad I missed it. Beethoven's Wig is a favorite around here (although Paul snobbily thinks that it ruins the music).

Amy said...

Woo hoo! So glad you could go. Happy Birthday!

M Reil said...

NOOOOO my eyes are closed D': {sad}

Jennifer said...

I'm still crossing my fingers for a California posting, so we can live close to you guys again. You always do such amazing things! Can you believe our snow is gone now? Well, there's the tiniest patch in the corner of our backyard, but everywhere else it's gone! I can't believe it and the first day of spring is this Saturday. I say, "bring on global warming!" (with my tongue in cheek- tee hee!)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! That sounds like such an awesome experience! I miss you.

Contributors