Kevin is posting on Delynas blog. I figure it's fair since she went to L.A. and now we have 4 new mouths to feed. Don't get me wrong, I love the little guys.
Did you know that it is illegal to sell turtles less than 4 inches long? Yeah, and "that's as big as they get" was pretty far from true too.

2 comments:
First let me save you all a few seconds for your future comments. Yes, I am aware that turtles are one of the worst pets to have when you have young children around. They carry all kinds of diseases like salmonella. Second, I also realize that you should never believe a street vendor when they tell you something- especially if you are in downtown LA. I am pretty adamant about my 'no pets' rule but I guess I was having a moment of weakness... they were/are just so cute! Madison and Payton put their money together to get the first two (sold in a mini aquarium together so we could easily transport them). I couldn't go home with only 2 pets when I have 4 children... and so it began.
The funny thing is that Kevin has been checking on them MORE then he ever checked on our newborn children!! If those silly turtles need anything, he runs right out and gets it. The only time I have seen him move as fast for one of our own children was when Alex needed wipes and Kevin had already consented to changing the diaper (the number of which incidentally can be counted on one hand.... )
As you can see I have strong emotions about these silly turtles but my kids (all 5 of them) are blissfully happy. Ashton went in to say good night to them before she went to bed. Not long after Kevin came up stairs to check on them.... but didn't tuck in any of our human children.... I will put a sign on the turtles reminding Kevin to kiss the humans good night once he is done! :) JK honey!
All I can do is laugh about this and accept the fact that I should always stay strong no matter how cute they are (this goes for both pets and children). They are all just so cute (both my children and the turtles).
Wait- I think I shall just call it our latest science project and then it is all good... right? :)
They are cute. They have always have been a temptation for me, but I am way too paranoid about the whole salmonella thing. Godd for you, they are soooooo cute.
Post a Comment