Monday, October 27, 2008

Carving Pumpkins


With all of the pumpkin patches we went to this year we were able to score 4 awesome pumpkins (for free of course!). In California you have 2 or 3 days once your pumpkin has been carved before it molds. (We found that out the hard way when we first moved here. We thought we could carve them a few weeks before Halloween and use them for decorations! A few days after the first carving Madison (who was 5 at the time) said, "Mom our pumpkins look really sick". It was so gross. They have this goop that seeps out of them too. Needless to say, we ended up buying more pumpkins that year)



The kids each designed their own (well, I did Ashton's- but I am sure I did it how she would have.....).

Kevin did the 'dangerous' slicing and cutting (Can you see the concentration!) The kids had to pull out their "own" guts (it's only fair- nobody likes that job!)


















The proud designers (Ashton wants those candles!)







The end result!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Contributors