
I had the amazing experience of being able to take a 'Girls Weekend Get Away' down to L.A. with a friend of mine. Payton was going to spend time with her cousins, so we thought we would take her and make a weekend out of it. I had a fabulous time. Saturday we spent shopping, shopping, and shopping. (still makes my heart leap!!!!)
Sunday we ended our getaway with a trip to the Norton Simon Museum. It was a wonderful museum with a lot of works from well know artists (I was in heaven). After reading Laurence Holt's "Degas and the Little Dancer" to my children for 5 or 6 years, I was humbled to be able to stand in front of her. It is so amazing to actually experience art, 3 dimensional.
I will definitely be taking my kids here as soon as I can orchestrate it. (Editors note: The gift shop was a little disappointing :) )
[Editor's Note: Because several people have asked me where the original is, I thought I would share this from Lauren Anholt's Book: "The original sculpture of the Little Dancer is now in the Louvre in Paris. After Degas' death, the model was cast in bronze, and more than twenty copies were made. Some of those bronzes can be seen in the collections of major museums and galleries around the world."]

No comments:
Post a Comment