Saturday, August 16, 2008

Take Me Out to the Ball Game

Having nephews here is different than having nieces. The things that excite them are very different from the usual things I am used to 'arranging'. While we were sitting at Alex's soccer I was talking to Erik about his favorite sports. He mentioned baseball and then it hit me. We have two Major League teams here, why not take the boys to a game.

The Oakland A's were playing today (the SF Giants not until 7:55 p.m. on Wednesday- I didn't want to deal with kids getting home after midnight.... selfish I know). We got tickets and went.

It was fun to see the excitement in the boys eyes. Every time a fly ball came we hoped it would come our way. No such luck!





























We had to wait for the sun to get to our section of the stadium. (Just a note- I did tell them all to bring jackets.... but maybe it was because I said that we were going to be sitting up in the clouds that they didn't really take me seriously- I brought my jacket though).

[Just because someone will ask: they were playing the Chicago White Socks and they lost 2:1- and yes, I stayed until the end!!! (I'm a good aunt!)]
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kevin said...

The person batting in the third photo is Frank Thomas (the big hurt).

suzi said...

I love going to the ballpark! We went to a Dodger's game on Friday. The Dodgers won, go Dodgers! The A's have a nice stadium, but if you have the chance to go to a Giant's game, seize it, the stadium is awesome!

Contributors