Girl scouts has changed their policies and now girls much move after two years. Brownies now is for girls 2nd and 3rd grade (as I write this I am laughing. In Canada we say Grade 2 and Grade 3 and I can hear my sister telling me how "American" I have become). Payton is now finishing Grade 3 (in theory. Don't ask a Homeschooled kid what grade they are in. Often they will tell you what grade they are in for each subject. Payton finished 3rd grade stuff a long time ago.... It is so confusing to someone. I have now told my kids just to say what grade they would be in if they were in public school, but it makes me happy that they recognize they are working about grade level).
After a brief introduction, the girls walk over a bridge and are welcomed by a Jr. Girl Scout. My Co-Leader introduced Payton. She told about how Payton's goal is to finish earning all of the patches (called Try-Its) and only has 9 left to go.
Here Payton is walking over the bridge.
And here she is saying the promise. Our Brownie troop has been wonderful this year. Both the moms and the girls have been so much fun to be with. I feel really blessed to have been able to get to know all of them. We have created lasting friendships. When I talk to people about Homeschooling in CA I tell them about the calibur of parents who Homeschool their kids here. All of them are well educated, loving and do their best to nurture their children. The Brownies moms are a good sampling of the Homeschooling families in CA.
Payton is such a dedicated little girl. She really does try and live the Girl Scout Law by being "a sister to everyone". Thanks for being an example of Payton and congrats.


No comments:
Post a Comment