Thursday, June 4, 2009
Maternal Instincts
Trying to help give them ownership in the move, we had the girls pack some their own rooms. I wanted to make sure I knew what was in all of the boxes, so I asked them to clearly label their boxes. Yesterday, as I ran to the house to grab empty boxes to repack I found this one in Payton's room. While most of us would have labeled them "Dolls" to Payton they were 'Babies'. It really touched me. You can almost feel her love for those dolls as she packed them. (Notice the clear labeling)
It has been amazing to me to watch Payton with young children. She seems to have this incredible amount of patience and unconditional love for little ones. I have yet to go to a park where someone doesn't come up to me and tell me how kind Payton was to their child. I never thought about maternal instinct being something you were born with until I had her. It is fascinating for me to observe this kind of quality in one so young but also as something so innate. Bless her heart.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(129)
-
▼
June
(22)
- The Perfect Party
- Wedding Cake
- and she's back!
- Happy Birthday Alex!
- The Violent 9's
- We are so dead!
- Father's Day Gifts
- Happy Father's Day Continued....
- Happy Father's Day
- Thoughts of Madison
- Girls Camp
- Brownie End of the Year Swim Party
- Farwell Fairchild
- Mea Culpa
- Camporee
- Talents?
- Bridging
- Cadette Awards
- Alex's Graduation
- Egyptian Museum
- Maternal Instincts
- Star of the Week
-
▼
June
(22)


2 comments:
I know. I remember that from when I knew her as a very very young child. She is such a sweetheart. How sweet of you to notice this little detail in the middle of such a stressful time for you. You're such a good mom. Good luck with the move. I know there is nothing I can do from here to help you--but send you my best. I'm really happy for you.
That is so sweet! I remember a few years ago a friend of mine spoke in church on Mother's Day. She approached the subject differently and talked all about little girls and how they do have that maternal instinct born in them. Payton is a sweetheart!
Post a Comment