Friday, June 19, 2009

Farwell Fairchild


The End of an Era. It is hard to believe but today is the last day we have possession of Fairchild Number Ten. It is kinda crazy. We moved to California thinking we would only be here for 2 years or so- it was the 'or so' that did us in! After 7 years, 2 babies and a lot memories, we have moved. We managed that apartment complex for 6 years. My tenants said they never thought we would move. I told them that with housing prices the way they were, I didn't think we would ever move either. Our back up plan was to rent the townhouse next door and cut a hole between the two so we would have double the space (Madison even drew up plans :) Imagine our surprise when fate lent us a hand and dropped housing prices. It still seems a little surreal that we own a house in California.

Fairchild has gone through some changes of its own. It recently went through an extensive exterior rehab and is now so beautiful. It used to be baby blue with old siding that would often fall off and peel. What a difference. It almost feels brand new!

While there are a lot of great memories from that townhouse, I am excited and ready to move on to some new ones. When Alex was little, instead of calling it 'home' he would call it '#10'. "Mom I want to go to #10". He is such a numbers kid. Thanks for all of the memories #10!




Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you. Even though you are moving to such a better living quarters, don't you still have tender feelings for #10? I remember crying on the to leave my little duplex. So many memories! Best to you with your move!

Contributors